Our approach to Parkinson’s care.
At Cheriton Homecare we understand that Parkinson’s affects different people in different ways. We develop a personalised care plan which reflects the opinions of all persons concerned and specifically how the condition affects them.
Cheriton Homecare is aware that not every person with Parkinson’s encounters a similar combination of symptoms. Symptoms fluctuate from individual to individual and progress at varying rates. This is why a person centred care plan is very important and the dominant factor driving the decision to receive live in care at home. This choice facilitates a continuity in both environment and relationships.
This is why Cheriton Homecare will work alongside other professionals such as community Parkinson’s nurses and Doctors to provide a complementary service, the ultimate aim of which is to provide exceptional personal care at home.
Specialist Parkinson’s care support from our carers.
Cheriton Homecare’s care assistants are trained to support people maintain their independence. Our care assistants know that when it comes to communication, it can sometimes take time for a person with Parkinson’s to respond to a question, so thats why we take every approach into count and specialised training in non verbal communication is provided.
Care assistants are an essential part of supporting people with Parkinson’s because of its fluctuations and the medication management needed. Advanced medication training is supplied to care assistants working with Parkinson’s free of charge.
24 hour managed care service.
Our care services are provided as 24-hour live-in care. Our services are delivered throughout Sussex, London and Surrey, with our managerial team and office based in London and Brighton. The management team are available 24 hours a day via the on call service.
We make sure this works directly for you and incorporates:
- Dedicated care team led by the registered manager for Cheriton Homecare Ltd.
- A detailed assessment of care needs before live in care starts.
- Writing a person centred care plan.
- Planning and preparing meals.
- Help with domestic duties.
- Client specific training provided for care assistants.
- Managerial support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Continually monitoring and improving our service through membership of organisations such as Skills for Care.
We are committed to the following:
- Exemplary service
- Providing person centred face-to-face care advice from an experienced senior manager.
- Helping clients to manage their care package effectively.
- Giving each client the opportunity to review their care package regularly.
- Ensuring that correspondence and literature is clear and easy to understand.
- Ensuring that our dealings with our clients and their families are sensitive to
- Listening and responding to any feedback.
- Ensuring that all information regarding our clients remains strictly
We want your experience of Cheriton Homecare to be positive in every sense, and for all of your dealings with our organisation to meet with your complete satisfaction.
Cheriton Homecare’s relationship-based care service means that we are committed to helping our clients to manage their own care in a way which reflects their personal circumstances.
Putting our clients at the centre of everything we do, is the basis of Cheriton Homecare’s principles and enables us to conduct our business in a way which is genuinely focused on the needs of people.
At Cheriton Homecare we believe that each person associated with our company becomes an advocate for us if we provide a service which is caring, effective, responsive, safe and well led.