Our Approach to Acquired Brain Injury care (ABI)
The team at Cheriton Homecare understand that each case is unique. Using our collective experience we develop a care plan which is specific to the need of the individual who has an acquired brain injury.
Building a solid friendship which can adapt to the needs of our clients is vital when it comes to Acquired Brain Injury care. We accomplish this through diligent recruitment of care assistants, proactive supervision and preparation.
Continuous communication amongst concerned parties is actively encouraged. Working alongside other professionals such as GPs, community nurses and doctors, we provide a high quality person centred service.
Acquired brain injury support from our care assistants
At Cheriton Homecare client specific training is provided free to any team members providing support to a client with acquired brain injury. This provides continuity of care and will minimise the disruption of daily routines.
Acquired brain injury support is complex and care assistants are trained to enable individuals to do as much as they can for themselves, facilitating a richer and more fulfilling experience of life. General wellbeing and quality of life are always uppermost in the mind of Cheriton Homecare’s care assistants.
24 hour managed care service
Our care services are provided as 24-hour live-in care. Our services are delivered throughout Sussex, London and Surrey, with our managerial team and office based in London and Brighton. The management team are available 24 hours a day via the on call service.
We make sure this works directly for you and incorporates:
- Dedicated care team led by the registered manager for Cheriton Homecare Ltd.
- A detailed assessment of care needs before live in care starts.
- Writing a person centred care plan.
- Planning and preparing meals.
- Help with domestic duties.
- Client specific training provided for care assistants.
- Managerial support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Continually monitoring and improving our service through membership of organisations such as Skills for Care.
We are committed to the following:
- Exemplary service
- Providing person centred face-to-face care advice from an experienced senior manager.
- Helping clients to manage their care package effectively.
- Giving each client the opportunity to review their care package regularly.
- Ensuring that correspondence and literature is clear and easy to understand.
- Ensuring that our dealings with our clients and their families are sensitive to
- Listening and responding to any feedback.
- Ensuring that all information regarding our clients remains strictly
We want your experience of Cheriton Homecare to be positive in every sense, and for all of your dealings with our organisation to meet with your complete satisfaction.
Cheriton Homecare’s relationship-based care service means that we are committed to helping our clients to manage their own care in a way which reflects their personal circumstances.
Putting our clients at the centre of everything we do, is the basis of Cheriton Homecare’s principles and enables us to conduct our business in a way which is genuinely focused on the needs of people.
At Cheriton Homecare we believe that each person associated with our company becomes an advocate for us if we provide a service which is caring, effective, responsive, safe and well led.