Our approach to dementia care.
Cheriton Homecare understands that individuals change over the course of dementia and so do their needs. Our approach to dementia care is based on the belief that individuals with dementia benefit from a home environment. Staff expertise and activities are tailored to meet their stage specific needs.
The care and support of people living through dementia require an approach that is truly focused on the individual. Our commitment is to understand the needs of the people affected by dementia and those of their families and how the two together provide effective care.
We have extensive knowledge and experience with dementia and make sure that it reflects in the care plans that we provide.
We realise through experience that providing dementia care is not just about offering practical support, but also responding to a person’s emotions and understanding the importance of a loving environment. This is an essential part of any care package when dealing with dementia. It important for people with dementia to know that they are valued and loved irrespective of their actions.
Specialist dementia care support from our carers.
Every one of our carers is appropriately trained to ensure that you are provided with suitable care of the highest standard.
We ensure that each carer is best suited to the position assigned depending on the care needs required.
We provide client specific training free of charge to all care assistants to ensure that we are able to give the most appropriate care of the highest standard possible.
Quality of life and general wellbeing for all concerned is important and we would like our care assistants to facilitate this in whichever way possible. Continued support by experienced management is a valuable element in care plan monitoring and development.
24 hour managed care service.
Our care services are provided as 24-hour live-in care. Our services are delivered throughout Sussex, London and Surrey, with our managerial team and office based in London and Brighton. The management team are available 24 hours a day via the on call service.
We make sure this works directly for you and incorporates:
- Dedicated care team led by the registered manager for Cheriton Homecare Ltd.
- A detailed assessment of care needs before live in care starts.
- Writing a person centred care plan.
- Planning and preparing meals.
- Help with domestic duties.
- Client specific training provided for care assistants.
- Managerial support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Continually monitoring and improving our service through membership of organisations such as Skills for Care.
We are committed to the following:
- Exemplary service
- Providing person centred face-to-face care advice from an experienced senior manager.
- Helping clients to manage their care package effectively.
- Giving each client the opportunity to review their care package regularly.
- Ensuring that correspondence and literature is clear and easy to understand.
- Ensuring that our dealings with our clients and their families are sensitive to
- Listening and responding to any feedback.
- Ensuring that all information regarding our clients remains strictly
We want your experience of Cheriton Homecare to be positive in every sense, and for all of your dealings with our organisation to meet with your complete satisfaction.
Cheriton Homecare’s relationship-based care service means that we are committed to helping our clients to manage their own care in a way which reflects their personal circumstances.
Putting our clients at the centre of everything we do, is the basis of Cheriton Homecare’s principles and enables us to conduct our business in a way which is genuinely focused on the needs of people.
At Cheriton Homecare we believe that each person associated with our company becomes an advocate for us if we provide a service which is caring, effective, responsive, safe and well led.